It’s a field composed of natural grass, very humide, heavy and sometimes a little bit muddy. It’s the case for almost all the football fields in France in winter and more precisely between october and april.
Boots that fits well with that kind of fields are : screw-in studs (SG).
Why ? This kind of shoes has 6 long cleats that screw (and can be change following the weather) :
- 2 front crampons that reinforce you starting during the run
- 2 Median crampons that allows you to stabalize the run and to slow down
- 2 subsequent crampons which stabilize the back of the foot and come to complete the 6 screw crampons. Other studs (smaller) cast or slats that make this type of shoes moere flexible and handy.
On a soft fiel dit is really important to assure your pressure and avoid slips. Shoes with screw crampons permit a better stability in changing directions and a better speed of execution.
This kind of boots is not allowed for kids under 13 years old.
What is a dry field ?
It is a field in natural grass, dry and hard. We mostly find that kind of field between april and september.
To practice the best game on that kind of field, you need to use that kind of shoes with molded cleats (FG). There is two types :
- Round molded studs also called« classics » are dedicated to dry field. There are between 12 and 18 per plaque to get a better weight share and cushion shocks. Ideal for midfielders or defenders looking for flexibility, comfort and soft supports for the game sharing.
- Sliced crampons are designed for grassy fields dry and soft. Those crampons are always between 12 and 18 and prioritize a better stability and an important lightness. Those shoes are ideal for corridor players who have to make quick and straight acceleration.
This kind of shoes are completly forbidden for synthetic fields, because of the missing cushions and weight repartition, this can creates articulation’s inflammation like tendinitis. Moreover, this type of boots would jam in a synthetic field and would damaged them or even more : make you twist your ankle or your knee.
What is synthetic field ?
It’s a field composed with synthetic grass. This field is more and more present in France because it has an important advantage : it can be praticed all over the year.
On that type of field it is important to play with plastic crampons. (AG) in aim to preserve the field, your crampon, but mostly your articulations.
Particularity of the AG shoes : It counts a more important number of crampon (multi-crampons) which permits a better weight distribution and a better shock caushion.
Good AG shoes offer a slope (difference of thickness between heel and the feet’s front) not to thick because it would penalize the foot’s stability and would create a tension at the Achilles’ heel. Althought this kind of shoes has longer life expectancy because the crampons are not abrasives.
What is a indoor field ?
It exists two types of indoor fields : - The field with synthetic grass (the most present in futsal clubs) and the indoor.
Concerning the indoor field with a synthetic floor. The ideal shoes are shoes with small crampons in plastic which permits good supports without risking to block your foot. Their technology has been strongly developped since futsal. Now you can find almost all the range of products with that kind of adapted sole.
For indoor fields in synthetic you do no need crampons. The ideal is to have a flat and smooth sole to gain in speed and displacements.
In the most part of clubs or center of futsal, only adapted shoes are authorized.